Friday, February 19, 2010

A Secret Society

I was thinking today about all the women who decide to start trying, go off the pill (or stop using condoms) have sex, like once...and poof, pregnant. I wonder what that's like. They have no idea about this IF world that exists, with blogs and twitter. They just go about their day totally unaware of us, over here. I'm sure they have their own problems, because everyone does, but I feel like I'm part of a secret society.

I'm telling myself right now, "If everyone threw their problems into a big pile, you'd rush to grab yours back." I guess. But if everyone threw their babies into a big pile, I'd grab any one I could.

I got a very nice note today from a friend I went to high school with:) Thanks for sharing your story. She tried for almost 2 years...and now she has a little boy.

It's terrible, but I like people more who have had trouble. That's so mean! I know. I shouldn't even say it. I don't even know what else to say about that. It's true and it's awful of me.

I wonder what I'm oblivious to that other people sneer at me for. I feel like I'm being kicked in the uterus when people announce their pregnancy, but what do I announce that kicks people? My wedding? I guess. My husband? Maybe. A vacation? Everyone CAN do that, so I don't think that's a kick. I hope I'm sensitive to other peoples' feelings and insecurities, because I don't want to make people feel like I do, when the latest FB post announces yet another BFP.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your honesty! People really take their fertility for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just saw this today and I must say, I also find myself more happy for those that have struggled and succeeded than those that have sneezed and are preggers. :O)

    ReplyDelete