Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I wish I started this blog when we started trying (About June 2008)

I went off the pill in Nov of 2007. We weren't going to start trying yet but I thought it would be a good idea to be off of it for a while before we started trying. (If I could go back in time, I would not do that again.) We were going to start trying at the end of the summer ish. As we were talking more about it, we moved it to beginning of summer. Then, at the end of May when were heading to PA for my friend's wedding, we decided to start trying that weekend.

Well I just thought, that's IT! Well get pregnant in June, be due in March, I'll take maternity leave for the rest of the school year. Woohoo.

We had sex the night of the wedding. And I cried. It was an amazing feeling. We may have just made a baby. Literally. I really thought that was it.

I went out shopping that week and bought an outfit to bring the baby home in. A Ralph Lauren, cashmere, cable knit bunting.

I didn't drink any alcohol for the next two weeks. All I could do was surf the internet for cribs and bedding and carriers and diaper bags. I went to Home Depot and got paint samples.

Then I got my period.

WTF

No comments:

Post a Comment