Tuesday, February 16, 2010

About Dec 2009

Right back on the saddle. We're trying something a little new.

I'm on the PILL. Yes the birth control pill. Oh the irony. We've been trying for 18 months to get preg, so why not go on the pill.

Well apparently the being on the pill will help me get my period on time, and help with the cysts so we can do the injectables again next cycle. So on our way to PA for Thanksgiving I start the pill. I took it and just started laughing. Joe was like, what are you laughing at. And I just held the pill pack staring at the thing, in dis-belief of where we are right now. 19 months in and back on the pill. Now about 6 months before we started trying I went off the pill. Go figure.

We booked a trip to Aruba. We NEED a vacation. Joe has been working on his MBA, work has been crazy and I have been so stressed out with TTC. My dr worked around our vaca. She's been really great. She doesn't mess around. Try something, if it doesn't work, try something else. I really like that because I don't want to waste any more time. I'll be 30 this month. I really thought I would have a baby by the time I was 30. I feel really old. Also, I feel like I'm limiting myself to the number of kids we'll be able to have because of my age.

Well my period came right on time. At least something is working...Now we start Menopur.
CD 5: U/S, Blood work Start 2 Amps of Menopur
CD 6-9: 2 Amps Menopur
CD 8: Bloodwork
CD 10-11: 1 Amp Menopur

The menopur is not as easy as the follistim. You have to mix it yourself, and the syringe is big, there's a lot of liquid and it take several seconds for it to be done. It amazes me the amount of medicine people are aloud to self administer.

CD 12: U/S, HCG 1 follicle. The doc says that is great because that means all the good nutrients went into making one great one. Bound to work.
CD 13: IUI
We had sex last night. Joe's sperm count was called "adequate" I was so pissed. I told him it was a bad, idea. Why did I ever give into that????????????????
Well, we did the IUI. I mean 6 million, when you only need one, there still has to be a good chance, right? Usually, it's between 14 and 26 million. What's good? I've read about people who've had like 70-80 million. Is that the norm? Is there a norm?
Also, what is a norm volume of sperm? It seems like so little?
I'm sure Joe will be estatic to know I'm detailing his sperm...

No comments:

Post a Comment