Tuesday, February 16, 2010

About Nov 2009

Once again, feeling hopeful. Although we've tried may things this will be the first month since taking care of the "problem" (endo) that we're tried any ART. So, I'm feeling like this will work.

We're going to try the follistim again. Man that little pen device and those little tiny needles. That stuff is just lovely. If given the choice...choose follistim. It doesn't hurt. It's a small amount. It goes in quick. Pretty pathetic to have a favorite type of injectable fertility drug. The needles for that damn Lovenox (not that, that is a fertility drug, but part of the process) really does suck. Why can't they make that with a smaller needle? It comes in pre-filled syringes, so you can't even change the needle. You're stuck with the bastard.

Anyway, month number 18 of trying...If we got preg the first month of trying we would have an 8 month old baby. If I didn't have a m/c we would have a 5 month old baby. Wouldn't that have made for a nice Thanksgiving???? I know one shouldn't do that to themself, but how do you not? No really, tell me...how do I not do that? Oh, I know, have a baby.

Details of try #18.
CD 4: baseline u/s, blood work E=35
CD 5: E level looks good. Start Follistim 150 units
CD 6-10: Continue Follistim at 150
CD 8: Bloodwork E=326 (apparently that is good)
CD11: U/S Right ovary one follicle at 20, one at 16 Left ovary one at 15, HCG shot
CD 13: IUI, have sex tonight.

We are feeling really good. Joe has decided it worked this time, and he thinks we're having twins. We actually engage is some baby discussions like names and cribs again. At first we did that A LOT! Then it seemed like I was jinxing myself, so I just played it cool. (not in my mind, that is non-stop baby thoughts...)

2ww: We would find out right before we left for PA for Thanksgiving. How perfect, we could tell my family in person. Baby would be due in Aug. Outfit would be very hot for Aug, but we could just turn on the AC in the house and get a few quick pictures.

Nov 23: CD 24, 12 DPO. It arrives. I am once again crushed. What else is there to say about that?

1 comment:

  1. reading this helps me feel like i'm not loosing my mind. this really is such a horrible process, and the effects are just devastating. life can be cruel sometimes.

    ReplyDelete