Tuesday, February 16, 2010

About Jan 2009 cont. and Feb 2009

So my vacation is over and so are my hopes for this month.

We're trying something new again this cycle. When I call to schedule my baseline u/s the nurse at the dr's office tells me to start the pill.

We're doing a simulated IVF cycle this month. The dr mentioned this would be the next step but we didn't really talk much about it. Has anyone heard of this? I googled it and I couldn't find anything on it. Unbelievable. I didn't think there was a topic that you couldn't find on google. Well I did it. So I don't have anyone else's experience of the simulated IVF cycle.

I'm on the pill for CD 2-22. Basically using all the pills until I get to the sugar pills. No need to take those. On CD 16 I start Lupron. This basically puts my ovaries at rest, shuts down your system, so you're starting from ground zero. At this point I'm, just doing what I'm told. I just want to be preg. If she told me to stand on head and spin I think I'd do it. Joe is starting to get nervous about all the drugs. He wants to talk about taking a break from ART and try on our own. He says, since the endo surgery, we haven't really tried on our own. I see his point, really I do, but I can't stop myself. This situation is so out of my control, and I am a control freak, but at least doing these drugs and going to these appts makes me feel like I'm doing something to help the situation. I can't just sit back and let things happen. Not at this point. We've already wasted so much time. I'm not saying the last 2 years of our life was a waste by any stretch of the imagination, because I do feel very fortunate for the life we have, I just want a baby to be part of that life.

CD 24 I get my period, right on schedule. I go in for a baseline u/s and bloodwork.
I get the ok to start the Menopur the next day. My dr calls me on Sats to give me these results. They really are great there!
So I decrease the amount of Lupron, but still continue to take it. Now I have to do two shots! This cycle I'm up to 4 amps of the Menopur.
CD 6: Blood work
CD 8: Bloodwork E=1019 (which I'm told is good), u/s right ovary 5 follicles. All about the same size. Left ovary 7 follicles. All about the same size. They are all about 13 mm. This is good! Very very good!
CD 10: u/s right ovary 4 follicles, 2 @ 14 mm and 2 @ 16mm. Left ovary, 7 follicles. All 14-16 mm. Dr H says this looks great and she couldn't have asked for a better result. If we do move to IVF, we can do the same thing and we should have a great retrieval. She's thinking, HCG monday and iui tues or wed.
CD 12: Bloodwork E=3015 (right where it should be) u/s right ovary, 2 @ 20 mm, 2 @ 19 mm. Left ovary, 2 @ 16, 2 @ 17, 1 @ 18, 3 @ 19. She kept going on about how great this looked. She told me this picture should go in a text book. I said Dr H, I hope this works, you're really getting my hopes up. Got the HCG shot, and times for tomorrow's drop off and IUI.

CD 13: Joe's turn! I try to read him the instruction once again. He ignores me. Drop off was at 8 am. I had the IUI at 11:45. 10 million sperm.

So, if 11 follicles and 10 million sperm can't make 1 baby, then??????????????????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment